The deposit is merely a safeguard to ensure the smooth running of the platform, confident and quality promotion of the events and to be sure bands don't misrepresent the platform. So, the terms on which the deposit is repayable are below. Bands are entitled to a full deposit return from 31st July subsequent to the completion of the competition phase. Deductions may be made if a band chooses to utilise this money for services provided during the quest. Any income retained by Band Quest Operators above the deposit level will need to be used on services or products nominated by Band Quest.
Terms and Conditions until 31st July 2012 as at 20/07/2011
- Bands playing our Band Quest shows are required not to take another event within a) a 15 mile radius of the Event Venue and b) 10 days either side of the show they choose to play with us and c) or 15 miles from any band members residence unless we have approved the show upon request. It's imperative that to make this platform work bands respect all the promoters they play for and maximise the impact of these shows. One Date might be all you are committing to so make it count!
- Each Band entry must be verified by us and all details communicated including the application form and the form 'Further Information' about your band including band members details and information we require to research your band/act. This information is held in conjunction with the data protection act 1998. Bands are further required to communicate everything in written form, via the primary email of firstname.lastname@example.org
- All bands taking Band Quest shows will be given a tickets allocation to sell no less than 7 days in adv of the show. Bands must commit to selling in advance* 1 ticket per member of the band and that ticket holder MUST be present at the event night for it to count. In exchange we will give bands members 1 free entry for this commitment to any of our regular shows. For any of the ticket commitment unsold a £3 deduction will be made from the deposit.
- That the band does not pull out of the competition at any stage including any event date agreed to by any means of communication. In the event of a band member falling ill, it is expected that a minimum of 1 member of the band will be present at the show. They will be required to return any unsold tickets, account for any sold tickets and explain to fans for the bands non performance.
- Should the band agree to undertake any chargeable services the amount will be deducted from deposit and the deposit would need to be topped up or replaced before any further events can be undertaken. The Bands deposit must be kept to the minimum level of £10 per band member or any member who has played or be noted to be in the band at any time. Bands are not required to undertake any services and will be merely offered services from time to time.
- Deposit - Applications for deposit returns will need to be made within 1 calendar month from Platform end date (31/07/12) and will be repaid within 31 days from this date (By 31/07/2012 unless otherwise stated). This is to allow a collation of data and time to process the funds in the ways bands wish to have the money repaid to them.**
- The band or any members of that band do not bring the project and organisers and any party linked to the project into disrepute. No negative campaigns or inflammatory comments neither about the platform nor to any entity involved in Band Quest and not limited to the businesses, bands and individuals involved shall be made by the band nor any other member of it.
- The band understands that no equipment or property belonging to the either venues, organisers or other bands shall be damaged or stolen during the course of the platforms events period.
- Participating Band members whose members are under 18 and are seen consuming alcohol on the premises or grounds of any venue at any event, or enter the venue intoxicated will be disqualified and deposits lost for the entire band.
- Bands must advertise and actively list and promote the events they play through a minimum of 1 world facing promotional avenue but not limited to 1 or the following areas: Social networks, Gig Guides, Local and national Paper listing bands self managed websites and Myspace addresses. Proof will be sought if a dispute of this is opened; bands are advised to invite the host promoter to the listing for viewing.
NB* By advance it is considered that any sale must have taken place before the bands arrival at the venue and a sale constitutes that the money must have been handed over for the sales of the ticket as soon the band arrives at the venue.
NB** Any bands who consider this 1 month extension to Deposit return deadline to be counter productive to their situation please contact email@example.com before 30th April so we can end your agreement early 1 month from (30/06/12) as previously stated. We have new opportunities in July which will offer 12 bands a Major showcase as part of the Band Quest campaign and would want all bands considered at this stage. Due to the later running of heats and slow communications from some bands and subsequent opportunities we are now providing it is now deemed necessary and we confirm we will NOT extend the date any further. The Bloodline CD bands Bloodstock slot winner will now be announced on 15th July along with the showcase winners.